Monday, September 26, 2011

Month of September:

So before I talk about what happened this week I want to talk about what is going to happen this coming up week, so tomorrow we have zone conference again, and I am so excited, I’ve learned to absolutely love hearing talks and learning, it’s kind of weird to think about, cause I was never that way before, but also this weekend on the 24th, (also Mary's birthday) one of our investigators (Nathan) is getting baptized! we went over the baptismal questions with him last time we were at his house, and he understood all of them, so it was a good experience, usually people get confused with the word of wisdom thinking it’s a think about learning, not gods law of heath for us, but he understood it and remembered it, so I’m excited, just a bit of background, Nathan is really young, he is 9 years old, both of his parents were baptized into different wards, his mom (Erika) was baptized into my ward right before I got here, and his dad (Yanko) was baptized into the Spanish branch about a month ago, and so we have been working with Nathan preparing him for baptism.

On more of another note, just so you understand, I have gained so much weight since I've been out! Between biking and the food that our members feed us, I've been for lack of a better word, growing! I’m about 165. And still rising! But I think ill peak here in a little bit, there’s only so much for the weight to go right?
Most of this week has been finding, we have tracted quite a few times, talked to quite a few people, it’s been a good experience I thought I would of absolutely hated tracting, but it’s not as bad as its talked up to be, I think a lot of it is just my attitude, knocking on a door expecting to share a message with them or their family, usually leads to success, but we will see where it takes us!

One experience I had, I was with another missionary at the time, (I go on a lot of missionary exchanges) but we were going to see a lady named Lakeatha, and when we got there no one was home, so obviously we were there for some other reason, we didn’t know what, so we decided to tract around her house, about the 3rd or 4th house we knocked at this African American guy opened the door (Rodger) and we just talked with him for a moment about the restoration, he said he didn’t have time to meet with us, he just took his insulin** and needed to eat some food, so we asked if we could come back in 20 minutes, he said sure, and so we continued on tracting, we found 2 other people who we are meeting with on Tuesday while we were waiting for Rodger, we went back to his house and him and his cousin Ron were there, they came out on the porch and started talking to us, it turns out they are both from St. Louis, and wanted a better life style so they came out here to Wichita, to live with their families, they both grew up in a catholic church but neither of them really got into it, as most youngsters.. but we started talking about the priesthood throughout the ages being brought back to the earth and taken away, and when we got to talking about Joseph Smith, the spirit was defiantly present, since I’ve been on my mission iv picked up a few I guess you could call gifts... I’m learning how to read peoples body's you could say, but right when we started talking about the first vision, the spirit touched Rodger, his face, his arms everything was leaning towards comforting, it was way cool cause it was such a great experience, we also are meeting with him on Tuesday after zone conference, it’s just such a blessing to see gods hand in the work that I get to be part of, after all before my mission it wasn’t everyday that I got to feel the spirit strongly how I have been, it’s been a great chance that I’ve been given!  I don’t have a whole lot to say except that I love it out here; it’s been a huge spiritual uplift ever since I’ve gotten out here.

Yesterday, during priesthood meeting we talked about the spirit world, and I thought I knew so much about the spirit world I've taught it quite a few times but before the lesson started I wanted to learn something that I didn’t know before, and it was like an explosion of knowledge! So many things started making sense about the spirit world that I never even realized before, mostly about when Christ went to visit the spirit world during the 3 days after his crucifixion, I just love the gospel it seriously answers any of the questions we have or might have, well at least the ones that matter... but I hope you guys have had a wonderful week! I know that god loves all of us! He is proving himself time and time again, we just need to look! Let me know if anything fun happens! And Mary has a wonderful birthday!
 Love you guys! 
Spencer!

[p.s]-sorry if the pictures look really big when you open them, but if you move them onto your camera sd card or something they print off perfectly, just a heads up!
 Love ya!



 (We now know why he is growing so much!!!!!!! Pounding it down!!! Love our lil bro!)

No comments:

Post a Comment