Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey Everyone!

So Transfers came.... and guess what, I’m staying! I guess the lord has something for me to do here yet again, but I will not complain cause I love it here in Wichita, the heat is finally going down, this summer here there was 53 days where the temperature was in triple digits, there for making it the hottest year ever! Even hotter than the dust bowl in 1932? My facts might be off on that one, but it’s crazy! I am also still with elder Decker, I don’t have any crazy stories for you this week but I still feel like this week was so amazing! this week, in my district we got 2 new missionaries, Elder Bertoch and Elder Boyer, I’m going on exchanges with elder Boyer tonight and we are going to see Dan Barton and Danny Regan, and a few other potentials in the area, but it’s going to be a good night, although last night I found out elder Boyer lost his voice yesterday, so just a minor hold back, iv only met him once so it’s hard to say, but he seems like a really nice kid, the other new missionary (elder Bertoch) is in the area just north of mine, and we also share a car with him and his companion, so we see them more often than the other missionaries, they had a baptism on Saturday so we picked them up and took them to the church, elder Decker and I usually attend the baptism's cause we usually have to be there for the interview, but it’s all good and fun.
Elder Bertoch is a way solid missionary, out here in this mission there is a rule, that you can’t drive or be called to leadership until you pass off your lessons, and Elder Bertoch is blowing through these lessons like there nothing, it took me a good couple weeks to get through them, and he has passed of 3 of the 5 in the past 4 days... but it’s all about the dedication you put into it I guess, for me I just got caught up in all the things I was learning that I didn’t give my lessons the attention they needed I guess but I’m glad we have the opportunities to study in the morning!

as far as the work goes, elder Decker and I have been putting a lot of time in getting the members involved with missionary work, and it’s been taking off, as iv said in the past about elder Decker and I handing out the missionary weapons training kit,

ok side note "so elder Decker and I are sitting here at the library writing to our families and one of the members of our wards (the Robertson’s) just came into the library, and there little daughter who is like 4 years old has the biggest crush on elder Decker, and her mom brought her up to elder Decker and I to say hi, and she went off about how she got a new tooth brush from the dentist today! It was way cute! She also told elder Decker and she was his girlfriend and that he had to tell his family about her! It was golden! I love our wards! Being here for just under 5 months and being here for another transfer I've grown to really love the members and people here!

I was reading a article in the February 2011 ensign, and it’s called rescuing lost lambs, if you have the time I would read it, cause its way powerful and it’s also from my mission president from when he was an area 70, but I really like what he says about the song "have I done any good" so read it if you have the opportunity!

also another great moment that happened yesterday, the primary president of one of our wards gave us a call on Saturday night, and asked elder Decker and I if we would like to come into primary and give a short 2-3 minute talk each about how missionary work blesses lives, and it was way cool we came in the far back door, and one little girl turned around cause she heard the door open, and she was like "the missionaries!" and all the kids turned around! it reminds me when I was a little kid and I saw the missionaries it was the coolest thing ever, it’s so surreal to think that I’m actually a missionary, the thing that my whole life I was basically working towards, and it was an awesome experience to share experiences that I’ve had on my mission to help influence these awesome kids and their love for the gospel, I feel in some way proud to be a missionary, cause there is one family in particular, (the colt family) and they have 3 sons, who adore the missionaries, I remember last time I was at their house, the boys asked so many questions about missionary life! It was sweet to answer the questions that they had for us, and I’ve learned a secret to missionary work, if you get the kids involved in missionary work they kind of pester their parents, I know it’s probably not the best way but the members are excited about the work now in this area! I only have a few moments left and I still need to send an email to president! But I love you all! hope everything is going well in your lives, and always be searching for the promptings of the spirit to guide you where you need to be, god will put you in the place where you can help someone’s life, to help them gain a testimony of Christ and of our father, and I promise you that you don’t need to be a full time missionary to make an impact. Love you all, have a good week!
Love
Elder Spencer Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment