Monday, September 26, 2011

Aug. 28th email:

So my letter will be a little interesting this week, on the way to the library where we email, a few other elders and myself decided to record our voices, and send it to all of our families so I hope you enjoy the brief chance you will get to hear our voices again!

But as of this week, it has been a very joyful week! I always enjoy the weeks that I get to ride a bike! as weird as that sounds, it’s a great experience, iv been talking with everyone that I see, (getting rejected quite often) but none the less helping others come unto Christ, just an example of what happened this week, elder Decker and I were riding down the street and probably 200 yards in front of us, these 2 guys stopped dead in their tracks and one pointed at us, and so it was a little scary, but we continued onward, when we got a little closer the guy who pointed at us and yelled, are yall Mormons!? we stopped and told him that we were missionaries for the church, and he told us how he was a member but didn’t know where the church building was and he wanted to start coming back to church, the guy he was with is a non-member, we talked to them for a short moment, and right there on the spot shared a brief message about the plan of salvation, and this guy seemed so interested, he didn’t have a phone, so we left him with our number and we pray that he will call us.

This weekend was also really special for me, I got to attend stake conference, and it seems that this one hit me harder than any has in my life, I’m not sure if its cause I needed it or cause I’m more sensitive to the spirit so I got more out of it, but I just like to think that it was both, but the messages that were shared were so powerful, there was a lot of things that were shared, on the Saturday night session, our mission president was there, he bore a very powerful testimony, about three things, one of them was about our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson, and he shared a story of when we was asked to attend a gathering of religious groups, he sat down where he was designated to sit, and with his wife talked with people and greeted others, then they sat down and president Keyes noticed the name tag of the plate next to his, it was President Monson, soon after President Monson came in and sat down next to president keyes and President Monson, leaned over to his wife, and asked what they were having for dinner that night, and she said, salmon and steak, and He said: ahh, I love salmon and steak.
so the night continued on and eventually the servers came out with the food, and they placed this wonderful meal in front of everyone, and right when President Monson was about to take a bite, someone from across the room came over and said (President! I thought that was you, I just wanted to come over and say hi), president Monson stood up and pushed in his chair and greeted this person like it was his best friend, shared a short conversation with the person for 2-3 minutes, and said bye and sat down and right when he was about to take a bite the same thing happened, President Monson stood up as before and greeted this person again just like it was his best friend, shared a short conversation and sat down, the entire night this happened, by the time president Monson sat down, the servers and already taken the food back into the kitchen, President Keyes, then stated to us, how impressed he was with President Monson, the love that he had for all these individuals, and even though he was very hungry, after a long day, he still had a smile on his face.

I’ve been able to learn so much out here on my mission, I feel that mainly the love that I have for Jesus, and the our heavenly father, and all of his children, people are able to feel the love that we have for them, a lot of this week iv realized it’s hard for people to feel the spirit, or even listen to our message if they don’t trust us, iv been continually trying to increase the love I have for the savior, and also for all of our brothers and sisters here.
I apologize for not sharing too much about my missionary experiences but, this has been on my mind the last few days, from the sounds of things, everything is going well at home! Keep me posted on events and other such things! I love you all so much and look forward from hearing from all of you!

Elder Spencer A. Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment