Monday, September 26, 2011

Our Elders Birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Today Elder Dahl is 21!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! How has everyone’s week been? Hopefully amazing! This week has been golden, on Saturday one of our investigators Nathan was baptized! It was a great experience; his father (Yanko who is a recent convert for about a month and a half) baptized him.

Also this week I was able to attend my 2nd zone conference, there was a lot of talks given, and a lot of powerful messages, I think the one that stood out to me the most was President Keyes talk, he talked about how we are all sons and daughters of our heavenly father, and what it really means to be part of that amazing family, this week how ever has been hard it seems like Satan has tried every possible way to pull me down, as he does with all of us, and sometimes we fall into his trap, even if it’s something very minor, it is a step into his direction, and looking back to my life at least, the times that I struggled the most or the times I had the problems (big or small) in my life was the times that I forgot.

Learning about all of the former prophets has brought a happiness to me that cannot really be described, while during his talk he mentioned about the prophet Moses, and the experiences he went through, and he shared a few verses in the book of Moses, that really hit hard to me, cause sometimes we forget, even as a missionary, although I am trying, I am not perfect in anyway, I have short comings, but the lord spoke to Moses,  ''behold, I am the lord god almighty and endless is my name..... and behold, thou art my son.... and I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine only begotten, and mine only begotten is and shall be the savior....and it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said; who art thou? For behold, I am a son of god, in the similitude of his only begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?''

That’s what sometimes we forget, that we actually are sons and daughters of god, so while I heard these, a lot of things came to my mind that I wrote down, things that I don’t have time for at this moment, but I have felt the love that god showed me for not just asking to know, but searching for myself to know, I only have a few minutes, and I know this is like the shortest email ever, but I am so blessed to have a wonderful family such as all of you, for the wonderful emails you have sent me and packages and letters, they really uplift me more then you can even realize! today I turned 21, and never did I think that I would be 21, it’s a weird feeling, but all in all, I’m learning more about my life, and I’m still a baby Dahl! I’ve enjoyed every moment of my mission and already would give anything to stay out here longer, time flies when you’re having fun I guess! Love you all so much! Again sorry for the short email! Your son and brother!
 Elder Spencer Dahl! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment